As the new financial year approaches us it’s timely to remind you, our valued members, that your 2017-18 Destination Port Stephens membership renewal fees will be due from July 1.
When Destination Port Stephens was established, just over three years ago, a nominal $100 membership fee concept was introduced, with the aim of re-engaging with the wider business community and begin our journey to becoming an autonomous, self-funding organisation.
With the wonderful response to the low-cost membership together with the support of our marketing initiatives, you have helped create a thriving, engaged, enthusiastic and motivated group, working together for the betterment of the region as a destination.
The results over the past few years have been outstanding and our continued achievements have been recognised with ever increasing membership and the ongoing financial commitment from Port Stephens Council.
However, for Destination Port Stephens to continue to provide the high level of support to our members, the Board of Directors has decided that a membership fee increase is a regrettable necessity. From 1st July 2017, the new annual membership fee for all businesses will be $200 + GST.
This minimal amount is used to contribute to the organisational running costs and to meet the ever increasing overheads of running the business. This small increase in membership ensures that our marketing dollars – funded by member partnerships and supported by our Port Stephens Council investment and Destination NSW Grant Funding – can be spent, as intended, on marketing activities which drive overnight visitation to Port Stephens.
I’m sure you will agree the new membership fee of $200 still represents excellent value for money and helps keep the lifeblood of tourism in this region flowing.
The key marketing, networking and business development benefits of your membership package include:
- Product listing on www.portstephens.org.au and the ability to have product bookable through Bookeasy.
- Product listing in the Visitors Guide business directory.
- Invitation to attend the bi-monthly networking meeting
- Access to professional public relations services
- Access to industry training and business development workshop opportunities
- Access to member website and resources (statistics, professional image library, plans and documents, member contact lists, industry papers)
- Opportunity to be involved in visiting media and trade familiarisations
- Opportunity to advertise in our printed visitor guide and map.
- Opportunity to be represented at trade and consumer shows
- Eligibility to nominate for Destination Port Stephens board of directors.
- Voting rights at the annual general meeting.
Payment of membership fees will be made available upon receipt of renewal invoice which will be sent out at the end of the month.
With Naturefest now in full swing and so many activities planned over the next month or so we encourage you to embrace the “Motivate don’t Hibernate” catch cry to encourage our visitors to “Unwinter in Port Stephens”. We look forward to seeing you all at the next Member’s Meeting on June 26th at Little Bach Boathouse.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting the office on 4981 2964