Industry Action Group Guidelines
Industry Action Groups (IAGs) have been developed to provide a platform for the implementation of the Port Stephens Destination Management plan and associated strategies. IAGs are small teams of experienced, committed and motivated individuals who have come together to work on specific projects and strategies under the direction of Destination Port Stephens.
IAGs allow community and industry to feed up innovation and ideas instead of the traditional top-down approach adhering to the concept of shared value. Each IAG provides a platform to harness the passion of the community through a clear communication process that links all relevant stakeholders and seeks their engagement to ensure successful achievement of action items. The delivery of these action items aligns to the positive growth of visitation and the long-term sustainability of the Port Stephens Visitor Economy.
1. IAGs must have clear objectives and outcomes which are relevant to the betterment of the Port Stephens Visitor Economy
2. Priority will be given to those projects which are supporting the implementation of the Port Stephens Destination Management Plan
3. IAGs must meet regularly and report on a monthly basis to the board of Destination Port Stephens
4. IAGs should consist of a maximum of four people all with an interest, skill or connection to assist in meeting the objectives of the project
5. All IAGs must approved by the Board of Destination Port Stephens prior to commencing
1. Complete the online IAG application form
2. Receive board approval for the commencement of the IAG
3. Complete DPS IAG Meeting Update for submission to the Board of Destination Port Stephens each month (to be provided once IAG approved)
For more information on Industry Action Groups please contact the Destination Marketing Manager on 4981 2964