Position Title: Business Development Co-ordinator
Organisation: Port Stephens Tourism Limited trading as Destination Port Stephens
Employment Type: Part-time (3 days per week), six month fixed term project role.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Nelson Bay, NSW 2315
If you’re a multi-skilled go-getter ready to harness your business event marketing and tourism skills we want you to join our small, dynamic team located in a postcard-perfect destination for a six month fixed term project role, 3 days per week at Destination Port Stephens (DPS).
DPS develops and implements a range of projects and marketing programs aimed at increasing brand awareness and intention to travel to Port Stephens as well as tactical programs to drive conversion and grow overnight visitation.
As a ‘people person’ you’ll thrive on building relationships with friendly professionals that live and work in this idyllic coastal destination that is emerging as a much sought after and unique business events location. Your experience and skills will impress conference organisers and industry stakeholders, and you’ll relish the challenge of connecting people and creating partnerships.
If you haven’t already – you’ll fall in love with this incredible place and its people – and you’ll find espousing the natural beauty, friendly atmosphere and surprising infrastructure a breeze. You’ll work in a near waterfront location with a professional, supportive, collaborative team that will guide and assist with their knowledge and experience and you’ll enjoy the benefits of enviable working conditions for this three day a week role.
DPS are currently seeking a Business Development Coordinator. The position is a 6 month fixed term project role, three days per week, from 1 February 2021 to 30 July 2021.
The role will implement the business events program as well as work closely with the CEO to secure investment in DPS via membership and co-operative marketing programs. The main tasks for this role include:
- In cooperation with the CEO, contribute to the development and delivery of a sales and marketing plan to aid in sales lead generation to increase business events across the region.
- Develop tailored bids and proposals to influence decision makers to hold business events in Port Stephens.
- Host client familiarisation sessions and attend tradeshows or industry functions to promote the Business Events Services and the product offerings of the region
- Develop and grow relationships with key corporate businesses, in-house event planners, Industry Associations, and Professional Conference Organisers to maximise opportunities for lead conversion
- Actively seek to grow membership by identifying and engaging with industry and local businesses that have a vested interest in the visitor economy.
- Assist the CEO to actively engage key stakeholders to secure investment in co-operative marketing programs
- Provide assistance with other special projects as required.
The Ideal Applicant
The ideal applicant will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, tourism or related field
- Experience in a sales-orientated role with experience in the business events market.
- Prior experience in regional tourism and an understanding of the opportunities and challenges to attract business events to regional destinations.
- Proven ability to provide quality and courteous customer service to members
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to build relationships, influence and compromise with key stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Sound computer skills with competency with Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- Sound time management skills and the ability to be flexible
- Current drivers licence.
Does this sound like the role for you? To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday, 11 December 2020. Please note – applications through Facebook or any other channel will not be accepted.