Port Stephens was certainly busy during the school holidays and the warmer weather is attracting visitors to the region and a greater sense of optimism for our industry.
We encourage you to register to attend the Port Stephens Small Business Big Impact Virtual Expo on Tuesday, 27 October 20220 (see below for details) offering an exciting program of keynote speakers and 20 topical presentations.
Please keep in touch with DPS and if we can assist in any way please contact one of the team.
Eileen, Sharon and Nat
PORT STEPHENS SMALL BUSINESS BIG IMPACT VIRTUAL EXPO – TUESDAY, 27 OCTOBER 2020
The ‘Small Business – Big Impact Expo is a virtual event which will take place on Tuesday, 27 October 2020. This event is jointly presented and proudly supported by Port Stephens Council, Tomaree Business Chamber, Port Stephens Women In Business, Destination Port Stephens and Spark CoWork.
The program includes keynote speakers, one-on-one business advisors and 20 topical presentations. Highlights of the program include:-
- A keynote presentation from speaker, Steve Griffith speaking on Business Resilience
- A Welcome from Mayor Ryan Palmer
- Provision of breakout rooms for attendees to specifically access content, speakers and/or training that they are interested in.
- There are 5 streams to choose from and these follow the themes identified in the broader Small Business Month. These topics include:-
- Building Your Brand on Social
- Working with Digi Tech
- Financials Foundations
- Future proof Your Business
- Your Team and You (specifically Wellness)
- Virtual networking will be available with online trade floor so attendees can learn a little more about each other and facilitate business development opportunities
- Facilitated one on one appointments for any small business to speak personally to business advisors on the day. This will most likely be facilitated by The Hub and Business Centre and will provide short, sharp business ‘dates’ to establish where said business can grow/improve.
Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2020
Time: 10am to 2pm
Free to attend – register now! Click here to review the program and to register
Note: Please register by 19 October.
START HOUSE PITCH EVENING FOR PORT STEPHENS – TUESDAY, 20 OCTOBER
You’re invited to join the live streaming of an extraordinary event. The Start House innovation program has seen 15 Port Stephens locals, from a range of backgrounds and industries work with The Business Centre’s expert advisors to develop new services and experiences for visitors to Port Stephens. The program culminates in this pitch evening, their graduation, which sees a selection of the participants pitch the ideas to an expert panel. Don’t miss it!Start House for the Visitor Economy, Port Stephens is a collaborative project between Port Stephens Council and The Business Centre.
Date: Tuesday 20 October (5pm – 7pm)
GET READY – BUSINESS TOOLKIT FOR NSW
Local business owners can prepare for emergencies and disasters in five simple steps by downloading the free Get Ready Business toolkit from Resilience NSW as part of Small Business Month.Commissioner of Resilience NSW Shane Fitzsimmons encouraged business owners to begin planning early. “This year alone has been one of unparalleled emergencies. Communities across NSW were first impacted by drought, bushfire, then storm and flood, and now a pandemic – and all in quick succession. This has highlighted how important it is to be prepared for hazards.
To learn more and download the toolkit, click here.
PORT STEPHENS – WSFM Radio Promotion
Next week Port Stephens will be promoted in Sydney on WSFM Breakfast Radio with Amanda and Jonesy. Each morning Port Stephens will be promoted and listeners will have the opportunity to win a four night Port Stephens break.
TOURISM AUSTRALIA “HOLIDAY HERE THIS YEAR” CAMPAIGN
This next iteration of the Holiday Here This Year campaign involves a strategic two-phased approach that started with the roll out of an inspirational teaser video which was released last Friday, and will be followed tomorrow with a television commercial that encourages Australians to start booking and planning a domestic holiday.
The campaign is fronted by two of our most iconic homegrown personalities, Hamish Blake and Zoe Foster-Blake, and a key focus of the campaign will be on encouraging Australians to travel like international travellers. Not just book a holiday, but also a tour or tourism experience.
Watch the campaign ad here.
Get involved in the campaign
- Download the updated industry toolkit to access the campaign logo and other useful tools for use in your own marketing activity.
- Post on your social media channels to encourage consumers to visit you soon using #HolidayHereThisYear and use one of the Holiday Here This Year giphy stickers.
- Download this social media guide for more tips and make sure you follow Tourism Australia’s social media channels:
- Instagram (@Australia)
COVID SAFE CHECK FOR BUSINESSES NOW LIVE
Businesses can now check, test and promote their COVID Safe credentials through the NSW Government’s online COVID Safe Check.
Businesses are encouraged to visit the NSW Government’s COVID Safe Business webpage to undertake three easy steps:
- Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan following the industry-specific or general guidelines provided. Businesses can use the PDF template available online or create their own plan. Plans are not required to be submitted, however Public Health Orders state that some businesses must keep a copy of the plan on premises
- Self register as a COVID Safe business – must have completed a COVID-19 Safety Plan
Show that the business is COVID Safe on premises (downloadable posters) and online (digital badges for use on social media, website and Google Maps).